Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 19, 2008



I only very recently came to the realization that I cry A LOT. Hardly ever because I'm sad. Most of the time because I'm really moved by someone or something. In the book I'm reading, every time Greg gets a donation, I cry. I've cried about 8 times in the last couple of weeks listening to a message little Kennedy left me just because she's so cute and I love her to death. But the one thing that REALLY gets me is a crowd of people cheering. The first time I can remember crying for that reason was at the rodeo with my cousin Robin. We were probably about 12, and we both cried when a little kid finally got a cow he had been struggling with in the calf scramble. Today I cried when I read on the New York Times that 75,000 people turned out for Barack Obama in Portland on Sunday. just the sight of the crowd from the pictures and some close-ups of people cheering made me cry, and I wasn't even there! I cried at the fiddlers frolics twice. Once when they announced the 5th place winner for the over-all bbq contest. The prize went to a guy named Marty Patek, who I grew up with and is mentally challenged. The crowd went wild when they announced it, and he seemed so proud. Then, during the finals of the fiddle contest, a young man from Austin took the frolics by a storm and blew everyone away. It was pretty awesome. The pictures above are from the frolics. Kirsten and I were very proud to be photographed with Harvey, the MC who is 83 and is a legend at the frolics.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful heart you have, Stace. I think its great that you feel so free to share you emotions like that.