Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 22, 2009

hammock troubles

Well I thought I would make a quick post regarding a little hammock mishap that Stacey experienced just moments ago. As I am finishing a previous post on the blog, Stacey quietly made her way out to the lanai to sit in the hammock.


For some background info, the hammock hangs on two hooks that where installed by a previous tenant. But, when we are not using the hammock, it is more convenient to un-hook one side. I usually take the un-hooked side and hang it on a small nail near the other end of the hammock (marked by orange arrow). The blue arrow marks the hook that is identical to the other.




Shortly after Stacey headed outside, I heard a loud "thud" on the porch, and Stacey laughing. I come out to find Stacey laying on the ground. As I look up, I notice that she has taken the hammock off of the hook marked in blue, and connecting it to the opposite hook. Now the hammock is secure on one end, and hanging on a very old, rusty nail on the other. Obviously the nail was unable to hold poor Stacey.

Stacey was un-injured, luckily, because the hammock only sits about 1 foot off the ground. Here she is laying peacefully after we corrected the problem. And yes, I have her permission to post this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hillarious! Love that you all are posting so much. Thanks.