Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Carl and I returned home today from a super long and really fun week. We left last weekend for Portland, Oregon, returned on Friday, and left again on Saturday for his friend's wedding in College Station. We did a lot in the last couple of days. I'll spread out all the pictures over the next couple of days to drag it out a little longer.
The one thing we did the most of was driving. Here we are in the car on the way to Multnomah Falls, a really beautiful natural waterfall about 25 miles outside of Portland.

And here we are with my sister Kennedy. We had such a good time with my family. We got to pick up Kennedy from day care one afternoon, and I had a lot of fun doing it. Carl thought she would be scared of us and possibly cry, but she loved it too. We put on her favorite CD and sang songs on the way home.

Here's Carl at one of the falls that's on the way to the big one. Its called Latourrell Falls, and its my favorite. I like it because only a fraction of the people that go to Multnomah Falls go there, so you can hike up and feel totally secluded from the world. Carl's not much of a hiker, so we opted to just enjoy the beautiful scenery from the bottom. But its definitely worth the hike if anyone ever gets out there.

This is a picture of the Hotel St Martin in Carson, Washington (I think that's the name of the town). Susan and I drove out there on Saturday to enjoy the mineral bath. I've never done that before, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I definitely imagined something totally different. It was very outdated, but cool at the same time. We each had our own bath filled with hot spring mineral water. We soaked for about twenty minutes.

Then we got out, lied down on the cots seen below, and were wrapped in a thick blanket. When I heard we were going to be a wrap, I imagined seaweed, mud, or something of the sorts, but it was just what you see here- a blanket on a cot. It was relaxing though, and the scenery was gorgeous. Susan and I laughed as we left because we felt that the place left much to be desired, but my mother on the other hand, had she been there, would have thought it was the greatest place. She does think so, actually, from the pictures and description we gave her.

No comments: