Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Kirsten and I finally got to do something together on Thursday. Our work schedules just never mesh, so we hardly ever get to have time together. So on Thursday, I picked her up from work at 2:30, and we headed to Mountain Breeze. Its on the Guadalupe River, and we try to make it there at least once a year. We had hoped to be able to float the river, but the water is not moving- at all. They ended up giving us some tubes so we could at least sit in the water, and we never had to paddle. We stayed in one place the whole time. It was still super fun though.
After the water, we went back to camp to set everything up, and we realized that I had forgotten to bring the tent. I brought the poles, but no tent. Kirsten almost peed in her pants. Luckily I brough a blow-up mattress, so we just blew it up and slept in the open air. And it actually turned out to be quite nice like that. Except that I got bit by something bad, and I have a huge, red welp on my back that won't stop itching.


Here's a picture of the little fire we made. We cooked hot dogs over the fire, and they were so good.

Then we just played some cards. That's pretty much a tradition now. We had a really great time. Hopefully we'll be able to go back again before the summer's over.

No comments: