Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 08, 2008

"Waffle" Fest

As much as Carl and I are ready for a new and exciting adventure, we're definitely going to miss living in New Braunfels. We were only able to spend 1 year here, but we've had a really great time. The things I'll miss the most are the really fun festivals New Braunfels has. My favorite two are Wurstfest and Wassailfest. Wurstfest is always the first week in November, and its a blast. I went this year with my friends Brandi and Bill, and we had a great time. We got to do a ton of really great people watching and polka dancing. At the end of the night we were walking by a stein booth, and Bill decided he wanted to pick one up. After about 15 minutes of going looking at each one he finally decided on the perfect one and the attendant went to the back to get it out of the box. While she was gone we picked up the mug to see the price, and it was a whopping $92!!! We were all shocked. Bill and I tried to bail, but Brandi wouldn't let us. So Brandi and Bill are now the proud owners of the beautiful $92 stein on the left.

Wassailfest was last Thursday. It was almost unbearably cold, but we went anyway. A few days before the event I called my friend Leila to see if she and her husband would like to go with us. She replied, having never been before, "oh, yeah, we'd love to, Ty loves waffles. Ty do you wanna go to Waffle Fest?" Carl and I got a pretty good kick out of it.
This image was actually taken at last year's Wassailfest, where Carl and I both discovered that Wassail is pretty much disgusting. But we still love the fest. It makes you really get into the
Christmas spirit.



No comments: