Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 09, 2009

Papaw

Carl's papaw is in the ICU right now, and I want to encourage all of you to keep him in your hearts and prayers. He's an amazing man, and we can't wait to see him feeling better. He's been in Intensive Care for 15 days now, and Carl has had quite a few opportunities to visit him there. Today was my first, and to say it was emotionally overwhelming would be an understatement. In the few short years I've known Papaw I haven't had as many visits with him as I'd have liked, but none the less, each one has been nothing short of entertaining. His use of sarcasm will keep you laughing for weeks. Every time we leave him Carl and I remind each other for days of all the funny things Papaw said.
It was terribly sad to see him in the condition he's in today, but even with all he's experiencing he was able to give us the same smile you see below when he saw us this morning.
Carl has really been a pillar of strength for me over the last year since my Papa died, and he was for me again today after our visit with Papaw. He has an amazing ability to keep me centered and focused on faith rather than reeling with thoughts and negative emotions. I thank God every day for putting us together, and I feel so blessed to share my life with him.

2 comments:

jrandy said...

how is Carl's Papaw?

stacey said...

he passed away on the 10th. we were really sad but happy to know he was no longer suffering.