Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 05, 2009

River's bath

Stacey decided to wash River yesterday, and its a good thing because she was long overdue for a bath. Because it is such an ordeal to wash River and get her completely dry, we are sometimes hesitant to take her to the beach or hiking. Completely drenched in saltwater and covered in sand is not a good condition for River to be in while she lays around on our couch. Also, when we are hiking she will literally walk right through puddles of mud on purpose, and sometimes lay down in them. She just loves to be dirty.

Suddenly I hear Stacey yelling for me to "come look at River." I knew this could not be good.

It seems that Stacey had a hard time getting River to be obedient on this particular occasion. Immediately after she finished bathing her, River decided it would be quite refreshing to completely roll around in a pile of charcoal that was left out in the rain. The result is what River would look like as a black lab.


Shortly after this photo, River was washed a second time, this time with two pairs of hands holding her in place.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Too funny. The same thing just happened to me when I tried washing Gaby on Thursday. After I bathed her, she ran around the backyard like a crazy and got all muddy and dirty. Yes, aren't our dogs/our pseudo children the best. I almost gave her away that day....but then, I just reinforced my teacher attitude "I love you but I don't like your behavior right now."