Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Maks part 2

Stacey, River and I all ended up sleeping in the truck, which was quite cramped. River was forced to sleep in the backseat with our seats leaned all the way back, completely closing her in. I was really surprised that she was ok with that, the thought of it gave me claustrophobia!


I ended up getting out of the truck about 6:15 am to check the surf and fish for awhile, both with no luck. Eventually everyone started moving around, and pretty soon we were cooking and early lunch. Lunch consisted of hot dogs, chicken breast, yellowfin tuna that my buddy Brian caught recently, and the Omilu that Stacey and I caught. Luckily a local Hawaiian saw us catch it and gave us the secret recipie! (cut slits and add olive oil and sea salt) It was really tasty!



After lunch we headed back to the beach, making sure to bring all the necessities ;)


There are several turtles that just hang out on the beach. River was quite interested in them.





One thing that I find truely amazing coming from the Texas coast is how close these huge sportfishers fish to the beach. All the large offshore fish can be caught within earshot of the island, which is incredible.

We all took turns hanging out in the water and bodysurfing, swimming, and snorkeling. We just bought a Bocce Ball set which has turned out to be a huge hit. Its a great beach game that everyone can play.



River is constantly rolling around in the sand and getting it all over her face, but for some reason she really doesnt seem to mind. I know I would.

Here is the parting shot of the Maks crew from left to right; River, Stacey, Ryan, Carl, Mike, Jack, Jill, Cone, Dick, Callyn, Tank, and Bruno.

I hope you enjoyed. There will be more to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun. River is an awesome dog.