Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 16, 2006

Hey there. Its been a while since I've written. We've been pretty busy. Friday night I met some of my friends downtown to celebrate Eric taking his GRE. I worked until 11, so I had to take a taxi downtown to meet them. I had the best ride ever. My driver just turned 60 but didn't look a day over 45. I told him about one of my passions in life, nutrition, and we talked non-stop till we arrived. He was super nice and told me he hopes to see me soon working at my smoothie and juice stand I hope to open soon. I ended up leaving my phone in his van, so I called, he answered, and he drove it all the way back to me. I love nice people.
We had a really fun time downtown. There was a man playing live music, and he played all our favorite alternative rock songs from our high school days. The girl at the bottom of the picture is Kelly Wright. She used to live in Hallettsville across the street from me until third grade. Kirsten saw her after several years when she moved to San Antonio our freshman year. One of our roommates moved out, so Kelly just took her spot. Its pretty cool having us all back together.

Here's a picture of River lounging outside with her new favorite toy. It used to be Carl's mom's dog's toy, and its really squeaky. She absolutely loves it.

And here's my new favorite picture. I think Carl looks super hot in it. He's really talented on the guitar for all who didn't know.

This is Kirsten and me at lunch at one of our favorite spots. We used to go every Wednesday for the lunch special, when they were fairly new and you could always get a good spot and fast service. But now they're apparently one of the hottest joints in town cause you can go there any time of day and you'll have to wait in line.

And last but now least, a picture of Carl at Carl's (well, its actually just the billboard for Carl's). We went to Dallas on Saturday night for a concert, and on I-35 there's an exit named Carl's Corner. We couldn't resist the photo opportunity, so we had to pull off the highway and snap one. He's stopped there the last couple times he's driven by it, and I'm sure we'll stop again.

No comments: